Categories
Journal Entries

Journal Entry #4

This week we started working on the second big assignment. This is the memo. The task for this was to chose an issue with the NYC infrastructure and talk about it as well as come up with a solution. This project was supposed to be a group project. However, my teammates have been very unresponsive. When I firtst noticed this I was quite frustated as I did not want to fall behind.

When we had to do the second discussion on this project I realized that I probably had to do this project alone, which to be honest makes me feel better. When put in groups I always try to be a team player and get done what is assigned to me. More often than not, I notice that when working in groups there’s at least one person unwilling to participate. This frustrates me as I do not believe it is fair for those putting in the work.

During the second discussion, we had to assign roles, I decided that even though my teammates had made no contribution so far I would still assign them a role in case they want to participate in the project. I am willing to do the project alone. I do not think it is a lot and I also like the satisfaction of knowing what is happening every step of the way. Without having to bother anyone else asking if they have done ‘x’ and ‘y’.

My subject for the memo is the MTA. I am excited to do some research on this in order to be well informed in the topic and give a thorough memo that will reflect my knowledge on it. When everything was “normal” I used to ride the subway almost daily, so it is cool to learn about things like the budget, etc.