Categories
Journal Entries

Journal Entry 1

Elon Musk’s Neuralink is neuroscience theater

Our first assignment was the article analysis. For this assignment, I chose an article by the MIT Tech Review. The article was a critique on Elon Musk; I found it quite interesting. Many people in the tech field idolize Elon for his ideas. Personally, I admire the things has done. I must say, I would even like to work in Tesla in the future. My desired fields are working as a software engineer and working with AI’s, but that’s besides  the point. I thought the idea of a brain implant was pretty cool. But I have to agree with Relagado the device goes on people’s brain! The engineers building this have to keep that in mind, it will affect people’s lives; their main goal must be to help those who will use the implant. Their goal should not be just to make a revolutionary device.

We were also assigned chapter one, in this chapter we went over technical communication. For our post we had to chose which skill we thought was the most important. I chose being willing to learn. I think willing to learn is the most important because it is something we have been taught since we were young. Therefore, as we grow older we should keep learning and be open minded.