Categories
Journal Entries

Journal Entry #7

This is a sort of continuation to my last journal entry, as I will be speaking about my lab report.

While working on this project, one of my biggest question was why did it take so long to come up with a plan to renew the signal system. Logically, the system should have been updated a long time ago, but clearly they were not.

I did not find any concrete information on the subject. But I did find some articles and videos on how many politicians have pulled money from the MTA budget to fulfill their promises to the public and often times win re-election. I thought that was an answer to my question, not the best but at least an answer. This led me to another question: How much time will pass for our politicians to update the system after the CBTC update. Of course, one should be happy that the signaling systems will be updated which will prevent many delays in the system. But, as an engineer aware of new technologies coming up on a daily, I wonder for how long we will have to go through with this system.